Registration Is Closed
- Registration for this self-paced class is ongoing. You may begin whenever you want and revisit the videos and class blog for 1yr/$35 or 2 yrs./$45 – if there’s an active sale you must use the coupon code.
- 6 MAIN projects plus additional and/or alternative ideas for most (see below for a peek)
- 23 videos: 18 instructional, 4 video blogs,1 supply & intro video
- Although there is not a pdf for this class, the blog is bursting at the seams with information.
- Video blogs where I pass along information I think will be useful. I’ll also share what I’ve been working on as related to SEWN.
- The supplies are simple: paper, paint, scissors, sewing machine, and a fertile imagination.
- This is not a sewing course, but a machine will be required. I use a very basic inexpensive Brother machine. It will help if you know how to thread a needle, wind a bobbin, and sew a zig-zag and a straight stitch.
- This is not a visual journal course, but in one of the projects we will be constructing a pattern book just like the one in the photos below.
- This easy book can be adapted to become a sketchbook, visual journal, or whatever kind of book your heart desires.
- Ideas learned in SEWN are practically guaranteed to spark inspiration for all of your mixed media & journal play.
I’ve cooked up 6 projects that form the framework of this class. But of course there are rabbit holes also to be explored and naturally I will lead the way down whichever ones I find. One lovely paper idea leads to another and another and another. I’m going to get you started, but then you’ll be off and flying – sewing & pattern-making for many weeks to come.
The foundation of SEWN is built upon patterns. We’ll start out painting patterns on large paper which we’ll use in our projects. Then we’re constructing a super simple ramshackle pattern book which we’ll revisit often during class. Think of it as a storage facility to store all of the patterns you’ll be dreaming up. I’ll keep your mind furnished with loads of inspiration.
From sewing up paper fabric, to making bright & breezy paper lanterns (decorative only not for lights) and super cool paper panels. You’re gonna feel like you’ve been washed in a stream of ideas. I cannot wait to see what you make and where you go from here. Can. Not. Wait.
Rev your sewing machines, put on your party pants, and let’s roll! Summer school is getting ready to start!
A portion of the proceeds from this class have been donated to THE RED CROSS
Need a button/badge for your blog? Here you go…please link back to this page. thanks!